Since its introduction last year, Prius v has been a hit with consumers, offering the benefits of Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive along with comfortable seating for five and nearly 60 percent more cargo space than a Prius Liftback. For young families with active lifestyles, Prius v’s versatility and practicality make it an appealing platform for either daily commutes or weekend outings—and its EPA-rated fuel efficiency is easy on their budget, too.
But Ford has introduced a new challenger with the C-Max Hybrid, based on the global Focus platform. If you’re shopping for a hybrid vehicle here are some reasons to look at the Prius v over the Ford C-Max Hybrid.
- Do you need extra cargo space and versatility, Prius v is the clear choice – it has nearly 10 more cubic feet of rear cargo capacity than C-Max Hybrid
- Prius v offers sliding/reclining rear seats and custom passenger and cargo configurations.
- The Prius v was ranked among the top three compact MPVs in the J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study™ for 2012.
- Prius v was named a Best Overall Value for 2012 by IntelliChoice®
- Prius v offers display audio with touch-screen controls, and Bluetooth® wireless hands-free technology and iPod® connectivity. With C-Max Hybrid, by contrast, touch-screen interactivity is a $2,000 option!
- Prius v offers a backup camera standard. On C-Max Hybrid, it’s a $1,695 option
- Prius v comes standard with Elecronic Brake-force Distribution and Hill Start Assist.
- Prius v was a 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick
And like all members of the Prius family, Prius v comes standard with Toyota’s Star Safety System™, which includes technologies such as Hill Start Assist Control, a “brake hold” function that helps keep a vehicle from rolling backwards when the driver pulls away on a hill. Pruis v also offers convenience and safety options such as Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) and Pre-Collision System (PCS), for added driver peace of mind.
The Prius first went on sale in 1997 making it the first mass-produced hybrid vehicle. The Toyota Prius, which has not only been on the market longer any of its competitors, has managed to push beyond its original niche status and become a best seller around the globe.
Find out why the Prius is the #1 selling hybrid in the world by taking a 2013 Prius v for a test drive at Labadie Toyota dealership in Bay City MI. Labadie Toyota proudly serves drivers from Saginaw, Midland, Bay City, and beyond and helps you find that great new Toyota that you had your eye on. Whether you are from Bay City, Saginaw, Midland, Mt Pleasant, Birch Run, or Chesaning we hope you will give us a chance to show how Labadie Toyota is the best Toyota dealer serving all of mid-Michigan.